A STORY WITH ANCIENT ROOTS

2017

ACQUISITION OF AN OPTICAL SORTING MACHINE

The acquisition of a modern optical sorting machine means we package our products in a modified atmosphere, plans to expand the production line for special flours and a modern controlled temperature flour storage facility.

2016

MANAGERIAL ORG.OF THE COMPANY

Managerial organisation of the company with the marketing quality and Italy and overseas sales managers and the implementation of a modern sales network.

2015

IMPLEMENTATION OF A MODERN ANALYSIS LAB COMPLETE WITH A NIR

2014

IMPLEMENTATION OF ANOTHER TWO STONE GRINDING MILLS

2000

THE FIRST STONE GRINDING MILL

1995

ORGANIC CERTIFICATION AWARDED

1990

DIVERSIFICATION STARTED WITH THE CREATION OF A SMALL BAKERY CHAIN

1982

THE PLANT PRODUCED 1000 TONNES OF SEMOLINA FLOUR FOR BAKING.

1978

CONSTRUCTION OF THE 5000 TONNE STORAGE FACILITY STARTED

1973

CALOGERO AND CATALDO BOUGHT A PLOT OF LAND

Calogero and Cataldo bought a plot of land in via Borremans 116 and started building the plant that still stands there today and their homes.

1967

THE PLANTS ARE MOVED

The plants were moved to via Borremans 56 and a small storage warehouse was built.

1965

CATALDO STARTED HELPING HIS FATHER AT THE MILL

1960

CALOGERO BECAME THE SOLE OWNER

After 6 years together Calogero bought his partner’s shares and became the sole owner

1955

CALOGERO RIGGI FOUNDED THE FIRST MILL

The company started in 1955 thanks to Calogero Riggi, previously a grower working for a landowner. The de facto company Maira and Riggi was founded that rented a mill in via Paladini in January 1955.